Caseway is a team of professionals with over 50 years of experience in the industry. We strive to provide industry leading quality with our products and support to customers across countless industries. Caseway is an industry leader specializing in an array of products including solvent cements, epoxy adhesives, and MIL-SPEC polymerizable cements for industry users bonding plastics and other dissimilar substrates; Petroleum jellies & waxes for multiple industries and purposes; Paint strippers, adhesive removers, cleaners, and other specialty products.
Caseway started as a subsidiary of Cadillac Plastics now known as Cadillac Products Packaging Company (Troy, MI). The roots of Cadillac Plastics reach back to the 1942 when it was formed along with company Commercial Plastics now known as Polymershapes. Each focused on selling plastic sheet and fabricated parts. In the early stages of business, Cadillac started buying surplus air plane canopies. They would apply heat to the canopies before flattening them out. This process allowed them to cut the canopies to replace glass in windows. Cadillac grew steadily over the years and became one of the world’s largest distributors and fabricators of plastic sheet, rod, tube, and film.
Manufacturers reached out to Cadillac Plastics searching for high-strength adhesives for bonding parts together. The solution was polymerizable cements (Caseway PS-18 & PS-30) developed by Rohm & Haas in the early 1950’s before being acquired by Cadillac in the late 1950’s. These polymerizable cements fit MIL-SPEC standardization objectives by the U.S. Department of Defense and would be used throughout the aerospace industry to bond various parts for fighter jets, commercial airplanes, and helicopters. As the plastic industry grew Cadillac Plastics acquired solvent cements for distributors and manufactures bonding plastic parts. These solvent cements quickly became a staple to hobbyists, local shops, small businesses, and large manufactures as plastics took over traditional materials like glass, wood, metal, and clay.
Caseway was established in Caseville, MI of 1979 as a subsidiary of Cadillac Plastics. In late 1981 Cadillac Plastics moved their line of polymerizable and solvent cements from a manufacturing plant in South Carolina to Caseway as the items did not fit the manufacturing process they were using. As the company grew it became a leader in bonding plastics with products widely used throughout the U.S. and abroad. In 1985 Caseway would eventually add a variety of new solvents cements (Caseway SC-101, SC-200, and SC-325) specialized in bonding the various types of plastics now available on the market. By 1994 the manufacturing was outsourced to RAP Products in Bay City, MI and a year later Caseway moved locations to Punta Gorda, Florida.